2018 Scholarship Program
Interstate Credit Union 2018 Scholarship Program | Deadline: April 27, 2018 5PM
Click Here to Download the 2018 Scholarship Application
For High School Seniors who demonstrate academic excellence, creativity and community engagement.
The purpose of the Interstate Credit Union scholarship program is to recognize academic excellence and community support provided by our young members. We recognize these individuals are the key to our future and want to demonstrate our support to higher education. Interstate Credit Union will award six scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 each to high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, creativity and community service.
1. Be an active member of Interstate Credit Union as evidence by at least six months of membership with a savings and or checking account in their name;
2. Be a graduating high school senior;
3. Demonstrate a commitment to community services (academic honors, sports, social events/organizations, volunteer activity or work experience);
4. Be accepted as an incoming freshman at an accredited college, trade school or university;
5. A current cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 or higher.
Applicants must return the following:
• Completed Application with demonstrated community involvement list (academic honors, sports, social events/organizations, volunteer activity or work experience);
• Proof that you have met our academic requirements by providing school transcripts;
• Acceptance Letter (if available);
• Create a 60 to 120 second video that explains;
“Why someone should choose a credit union as their primary financial institution over alternative service providers, such as for-profit banks.”
Please email the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Interstate Credit Union, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 705 West Cherry Street, Jesup, GA 31545
Further Scholarship Information
Winning entries will be judged by Interstate employees and/or board members. Eligible video submissions and packages will be judged on 1.) Originality/creativity 2.) Ability to deliver a message in a clear and impactful way 3.) Effectiveness in addressing the scholarship question 4.) Accuracy of information presented. Entry in this scholarship constitutes acceptance to permit Interstate to use his/her name, and video for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Interstate will not disclose entrants’ personal information, such as a phone number to any outside entity. Entrant represents that the submitted video is the participant’s own original work. Entrant must obtain written permission of third parties if filmed on other’s property. Music must be original or written permission by the music’s composer/author must be provided. Video must not contain content, material, or any element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo or trademark. One video per entrant. Once submitted, video entries become the sole property of Interstate and will not be returned. The scholarship winner will be notified by phone. Scholarships will be made payable to the college of attendance.